Anadrol Facts – Old and New
Anadrol is known for being the strongest oral anabolic steroid commercially available. Anadrol is the commercial name for Oxymetholone which is a very powerful androgen. It was first released in 1959 by Syntex which was a well-known international drug firm. The first release of this drug was aimed to treat several medical conditions. Its most popular use as medication drug was to treat several cases of anaemia.
It was prescribed to anaemic individuals because it could increase the production of red blood cells in the body. Although other anabolic steroids have the ability to stimulate the production of red blood cells, Anadrol has an extremely higher ability than any other anabolic steroid.
A lot of studies were done on Anadrol and it was discovered that the compounds present in Anadrol are safe and effective for use by the HIV patients who are losing weight. Therefore, Anadrol is an effective weight gain agent. This is why Anadrol tends to be prescribed in the present times for AIDS patients and muscle wasting diseases. Anadrol can legally be obtained by people who are given a prescription from a licensed medical practitioner. Since this drug is not prescribed to muscle building, bodybuilders do not usually get the prescription needed to legally obtain the drug. This gave way to the supply of Anadrol in the black market.
What are Other Names for Anadrol?
Anadrol is the commercial brand name for Oxymetholone. Anadrol is also sold under a wide variety of brand names including Anadrol 50, Anapolon and Synasteron. However, in order to avoid collisions with the government and organizations, many sellers and users of Anadrol prefer to stick to the street terms such as the A-50, A-Drol, Ana, Anaidrol and A Bombs.
Chemical Characteristics of Anadrol
Anadrol is derived from Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) which is belongs to the family of derived anabolic steroids. The parent anabolic steroid is the Dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Other compounds that belong to the DHT family of anabolic steroids include Winstrol, Primobolan, Masteron, Anvar and several others. All these DHT derived anabolic steroids exist in modified forms. Anadrol has several traits of the methyl groups which makes it differ from its parent hormone DHT. When DHT is added with 2-hydromethylene group it enhances Anadrol’s anabolic activity. Therefore, due to this addition, Anadrol is able to remain very active in the muscle tissue. This is why Anadrol has a higher anabolic rating compared to other common steroids.
Anadrol, as a derivative compound of DHT, possesses a very high level of estrogenic activity. Although these DHT derivative anabolic steroids are not known to have estrogenic activities, it is very different with Anadrol. This anabolic steroid is unable to convert into estrogen but it is widely known for its estrogenic activities. Therefore it is able to cause water retention, bloating, gynecomastia and other estrogenic effects on the body.
Anadrol is an orally active steroid. It is a C-17 anabolic steroid that undergoes a change at the 17th position of carbon. This allows Anadrol to be ingested through the mouth. The chemical modification and chemical structure of Anadrol makes it very resistant to the liver metabolism. If the resistance is great this would increase toxicity and strain on the liver which results to liver damage. Therefore, when using Anadrol it is wise to know that it is well-known for its liver toxicity.
What are the Benefits of Anadrol and Anadrol Cycle?
Anadrol, as an anabolic steroid that is known to treat weight deficiency and muscle wasting, is the most widely known bulking steroid that can be used for a bulking purpose. However, Anadrol cycles are not well suited on the cutting purposes, fat loss and pre-contest. Due to its immense power, Anadrol is able to increase in weight and fat loss within very few weeks, as well as rapidly increase their strength. Although it can greatly accelerate fat loss, it still remains a very poor choice because of the aforementioned estrogenic effects, which cause water retention and bloating. The estrogenic effects is a side effect that tend to provide the physique with an overall soft and smooth look to it. This makes it difficult to actually see the fat loss.
Anadrol is normally included in the Anadrol cycles as great kick-starting compound for the first 4-6 weeks of the bulking cycle. Anadrol is not used alone, it is usually used alongside other supplements that are injectable-base compounds to deliver on the similar purposes such as Testosterone Enanthate, Deca-Durabolin, Trenbolone, Enanthate, and others. Due to its potency, some users use Anadrol in the middle of the cycle in a bid to push through in sticking points in the training process. Other users prefer using it towards the end of the cycle in order to boost the end of the cycle. When used towards the end of the cycle, Anadrol leaves the user with massive strength and increased size as they move into the post cycle therapy phase (PCT). The liver toxicity issues associated with Anadrol makes the Anadrol cycle not to be done within 4-6 weeks and not beyond that. However other injectable compounds used with it can be used beyond this period.
What are the Side Effects of Anadrol?
Every anabolic steroids inclusive of Anadrol has its own side effects. The benefits that users derive from these steroids come along with numerous side effects. When taken in high dosage it can cause serious damage to your health. If you are looking for more extreme results which requires you take high dosage then you are setting yourself for more extreme side effects. If Anadrol dosage is controlled, many side effects can be avoided.
Take a look at the side effects of Anadrol:
- Gastric problems: Gastric issues such as nausea, upper stomach pain, vomiting and diarrhoea may be experienced if you are on Anadrol dose.
- Jaundice: Your eyes and the skin may start to yellow is some of the side effects associated with this steroid.
- Rapid weight gain or weight loss: When you are using Anadrol, you may start having rapid weight gain or loss of weight. If this occurs it would be wise to consult your physician.
- Swelling: You may start swelling on your ankles, face, lips, and feet and even in your breasts, which can be painful.
- Changes in menstrual cycle: For women on dose of this drug there can be changes in their menstrual cycles. This is one common side effect to them.
- Mood swings: Many anabolic steroids are known to be associated with mood swings, anxiety and headaches, which are common side effects on the users.
- Masculinity in women: Anadrol is commonly used by men who want to build muscle for its potency. Women who are long dosage of this drug might start becoming masculine which can permanent. Therefore, women should not use this drug without proper prescription.
- Painful or difficult urination: This is another troubling side effect of using this drug. You should contact your physician in case this happens.
- Libido problems: When using Anadrol you may have increased or decreased interest in sex.
- Risks of liver damage: Anadrol causes liver toxication since it cannot be converted to estrogen. If the dosage is prolonged, the liver becomes highly toxic, which may cause it to becomes permanentl damaged. This toxic effects are just temporary if the dose is not prolonged. Also alcohol consumption is not allowed when on a dose of Anadrol.
- Other effects in females: Increased facial hair, hair growth on the chest, enlarged clitoris, deepening and hoarsening of the voice, and male pattern baldness, are the side effects that can be experienced by the females on a dose of Anadrol.
- High blood pressure: This is another effect of the Anadrol anabolic steroid. Get your blood pressure checked regularly if you are on a dose of this drug.
- Risks on cholesterol levels: The levels of bad cholesterol are increased, while the levels of good cholesterol are decreased. While on consumption of this drug make sure you have your cholesterol levels checked regularly.
- Sleeping disorders: Lack of sleep, snoring and anxiety can occur as common side effects of this drug.
- Premature puberty in males: Males on a dose of this may start experiencing puberty before time.
What is the Recommended Anadrol Dosage and Administration?
Anadrol is usually manufactured in 50mg tablets. Different levels in building require different dosage. For beginners they would require around 25-50mg per day, intermediate mostly use 50-100mg while the advanced users go for a risky limit that is as high as 150mg per day. Due to the great power of Anadrol, all users should not use more than 50mg per day. Studies show that a 100mg Anadrol is more effective than 50mg dosage, but nevertheless, beyond a 100mg could lead to diminishing results being exhibited, instead.
Caution on the use of Anadrol
It is known that the use of Anadrol leads to a reduction in appetite and this is directly proportional to the dosage of this drug. The more you consume the more the reduced appetite. Anadrol makes nutrient utilisation in the body less efficient since it increases glucose intolerance and insulin resistance.
It is wise to split the Anadrol dosage throughout the day, perhaps in the morning then followed by the afternoon or evening. This is necessary to ensure stable and effective blood plasma levels of the hormone.
Given all the side effects, the problems with getting a real product (counterfeit products), the law, and the price, bodybuilders should try a better solution: A modern supplement, with NO side-effects, developed to safely and legally reproduce the effects of anadrol:
Main Source: wikipedia.org DISCLAIMER AnabolicStrength.com is not a medical site, and it is not intended to offer medical advice. No product mentioned on this website is intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Always consult your health care provider before getting on any supplementation, for diagnosis and or changes to your health care regimen. Statements contained on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA. Unless otherwise stated, you should assume that people depicted in images do not necessarily use or endorse our products or services. All trademarks and registered trademarks are of their respective companies.